One of my favourite hair gels that i used on my hair, has got to be the Curls blueberry bliss gel. It's a gel i purchase over and over because my hair LOVES it. 

When i saw that the brand had launched a new gel collection called the ultimate styling collection i knew i had to get my hands on some. 

I have used many products by this brand, and i have never been left disappointed. 

In this new collection there are 4 brand new, brightly coloured hair gels all with different levels of hold:


  • B Smooth Curl Butter - Soft Hold - Yellow
  • B Defined curl defining gel - Medium Hold - Blue
  • B Enviable creamy gel - Medium Hold - Purple
  • B n Control curl sculpting gel - Firm Hold - Green
I found them on Naturalistic Products and in the descriptions it had for each one i opted to go for the B n Control, as this one said it was specifically for wash and gos.

The texture of this gel is very much the same as the blueberry bliss jelly, so i knew i wouldn't need to be too heavy handed with this product. It contained Aloe Leaf juice, which smells great and is also great for repairing dead skin cells on the scalp, while conditioning hair at the same time. 

The first time i used this gel, i LOVED the results right away. My curls had shine, bounce and didn't feel crunchy or sticky. I also felt that my hair wasn't having too much shrinkage at the moment, which is always a plus for me with hair gel. 

The only thing i found was that the next day, my curls were very dried out. As i had paired this with a spray leave-in, and slept different, i didn't use this first impressions as a review. 

This week, i gave it another go. When trying out a new product, it is normal to have to play around with it a little before you can make your mind up. Factors such as products you paired/didn't pair with, how you protected your hair at night, and even the humidity can affect results. 

When trying it this time i opted to use a leave in cream as opposed to a spray. The normal product application for me is leave in and then gel, so i wanted to stick to this. 

The results this time around are ON POINT!
Bedtime

First impressions this time:
My curls loved it! It had a lot of slip and my curls had instant bounce. I left my hair to air dry, this way i could have a look at it during the drying process and see if i needed any more added. I didn't. It was absorbed into my hair effortlessly. Non sticky this left no residue on my hands or in my hair. 

When dry: Take a look for yourself. Not only did the curls dry in such bouncy and shiny coils, but it also stayed looking freshly done. 

The next morning:
I don't think i have loved morning hair this much in a long time. You would think i had taken the pictures the same moment. My hair doesn't feel crunchy, i didn't need to scrunch out any cast or anything like that. 
The next day

The gel gave my curls the right amount of hold to last beyond one day. 

The next morning my curls were just as shiny, just as bouncy and i haven't needed to apply any more product anywhere. 

Overall thoughts:
I NEED THE SET! I love this gel and it is for sure on my list of favourites. I can't wait to play around more and even have a see if it works as well without any leave-in or primer underneath it. 

I will be purchasing the whole set in this ultimate styling collection, and i can not fault this gel at all. 

An easy 10/10 for me. The gel is only £6.99 and comes in an 8oz bottle, making it an absolute bargain! If you like the blueberry bliss gel then you will love this. I would say they are very similar, this one just has a little more hold. 

Check Curls out on instagram. 



If you live in the UK this product is available at www.naturalisticproducts.co.uk

IG: @Curls



0 Comments