Leave-in conditioner, is a curly girls best friend! I can never have too many. As most of you probably do, i have a brand/product wish list in my head always. Things i see other Influencers using, other girls with my hair texture, or big brands. 

Jim + Henry was top of that list. 

I have followed their page on Instagram for a while now, watching the good reviews pour in. While in lock down, is a perfect time to try new things so as soon as i head there was a sale on (which they nicely sent me and DM informing me) it was the perfect time. 

The Uk's first leave in conditioner composed of only EIGHT ingredients
Pennyfroreal has mentioned this brand over and over in her posts, and as soon as i posted the question of top leave in conditioners, eight was suggested. Penny has amazing big bouncy curls, and her texture seems similar to mine, so i had hopes it would work well. 

The leave in conditioner is called Eight, because it is made up of just eight ingredients. 

  • Organic Ghanaian Shea Butter - Fair trade, and used to help with moisture
  • Vitamin E - An antioxidant to help repair damage
  • Corsican Rosemary - This antibacterial ingredient is growth stimulating
  • Roman Chamomile - To soften hair
  • Mandarin - To calm the scalp, renew tissue and promote growth
  • Aqua - triple distilled spring water for hydration
  • Emulsifier - To blend it all together
  • Green Preservatives - to keep it free from nasties and safe to use
What strikes me about this ingredient list, is not just the hydration and moisture ingredients, but how much in there will help promote growth. I was excited about this. 

When it arrived in the post, the very first thing that was a shock to me, was the size of the tub. It is a 500 ml, but it is huge. I think maybe being used to leave in conditioners in bottles rather than tubs maybe was the reason for this, but either way, i was excited. 

It comes in an amber glass jar, which makes it more environmentally friendly. It is a container which i will probably try to up-cycle when it is empty, and use for candles or something similar. No bold bright colours, this product packaging is simple, yet stands out. 

For some reason, i expected that it was going to be a thick, creamy leave in, and so i was surprised when i opened it. Instead it is a runny consistency. At first i worried that this was going to be a problem and i would potentially have to use more than usual, but from the moment this leave-in touched my curls they loved it! I actually used a lot less! 

The hydration from this leave-in is incredible. I didn't need to do my hair for 3 days, and even then only needed a tiny amount of it on some frizzy areas. 

Scent wise, it smells very herbal, i would say rosemary is a strong smell here. It's a smell i would expect in an oil, but haven't had in a leave in before. It is of course made up of some amazing essential oils and so this is what comes through the most. No added fragrances mean it keeps that herbal scent. 
Styled with Eight and fully dry

I absolutely LOVE this leave- in, and it could be my new holy grail. It gave my curls so much life and i even liked my first day hair for once. I am excited to try some more products from them, they also have an oil, cleanser, and conditioner and you can buy a mini set on the website. 

Do check out Jim + Henry on Instagram and let me know your thoughts on the brand if you check them out. 



0 Comments