I miss my mum. Her crazy Ditsy mind, her hugs, and a good old coffee and chat, but i am staying home

I miss my best friend. The dancing, the cocktails and stitches from laughing, but i am staying home

I've forgotten what fresh air feels like. The sun on my skin, the breeze in my hair, but i, am staying home

I am staying home to protect the vulnerable.
I am staying home for all the nurses fighting to save lives. 
I am staying home for the good of my health. 
I miss the outside world, but i must stay home!

This year has been a strange year. A few months ago, we were all living normal lives, and now we can't even hug our parents. When i think about what is going on, it's so hard to get my head around. We are now the ones they will discuss in the history books in schools. Our ancestors will look back on this time when the world shut down.  

It's a strange thing, to miss outside. Something so basic as the sunshine, and the breeze. Even that commute to work. My boyfriend is lost without any sports to watch, and i miss my mum like mad. 

I can't even remember how long it has been. Or what day it is, let alone the time. You blink and the day is gone, yet it feels like forever since i left the house other than to buy food. 

Even that is strange now. 2 meter rules in place, ques to get into the supermarket snaking across car parks. Inside is worse. Where is all the flour and toilet roll? Funny thing to stockpile really. At least it's calming down. The hoarding situation i mean of course. I won't even look at the death toll and infection rate. It gets my heart racing too much. 

Who would have thought that the world would close. Didn't we take those little things for granted. 

Thankfully i am not alone. I was struggling with it all at the very start and my boyfriend came to stay, now he's moving in. A positive in all of this at least. 

Have you stopped eating? I feel like everyone is baking at the moment. Baking or on workout and healthy eating diets. I am neither. I lack the motivation. 

One day i want to sit in front of the TV with a glass of wine all day. Cuddled up with a good movie, and pretending the world hasn't gone crazy. Other days i want to redecorate the whole house, i won't even mention my online spending habit. Why do we buy so much crap when we are bored anyway? 

I am trying to be constructive. I am a lot more active here, and I've decided to keep jotting down my random thoughts in a whole little area called life on my blog. I don't advise anyone read it however. It's all rambles anyway. 

I wonder when it's all going to be over. I really want to hug my niece and nephews. I am screaming out for a good night out, of dancing and laughing with my best friend. 

Lock down can make you crazy. I wonder if we will ever take those little things for granted again. Strange how social distancing is now going to be the new norm. I can't wait for it all to return to normal. I wonder how fast we'll all forget, like it was all just a bad dream. I wish it was. 

0 Comments