One of my most used products this past year, has to be these Garnier 3-in-1 Hair Foods. 

Garnier is not usually a brand which i will reach for, just because it isn't targeted at my particular hair type, so it slips under the radar. I have once used a Garnier ultimate blends coconut range, way back at the start of my hair journey and i actually loved it. As my journey has progressed and i began using products specifically aimed at curly and natural hair, Garnier became a forgotten brand. Until now! 

I love seeing how more and more high street stores like Superdrug, and boots, are expanding their range of hair products for our type of hair, and so i browse the shelves often. 

These Garnier products really caught my eye one day, and as soon as i smelt them, i had to have them. When product hunting, one thing that is important to me is smell. I just love my fruity scents, with coconut being my number one. 

The second thing that appealed to me about this product on the shelves was how fun the packaging is. A lot of products are packaged in bottles or tubs with one colour, and the name of the brand. This has so many bright colours going on it really stood out. 

Finally, the biggest selling point of this product, was that it claimed to be a 3-in-1. This is promoted as being used as a regular condition, a leave-in conditioner and a hair mask. 

If you have seen my product shelf, you'll know i have (or had) far too many products, so 1 tub that could do 3 things is perfect. 

These hair foods are 

  • Vegan
  • 98% biodegradable formula 
  • Dermatologically tested
  • Made from plant oils
  • No silicones for a natural feel 
Our formula is made with 98% natural origin ingredients. The remaining 2% ensure good preservation and sensoriality.
I have only come across 4 of these so far, but have since found that there are 5 in the hair food collection. I have used 3 of them and i will be discussing them. Each different one has a different target and so depending on your hairs needs, will determine which one you would benefit from most. 


Repairing Hair food papaya & Alma

First up is this repairing papaya and Alma. This on is focused on damaged hair. 
up to 50% of split ends mended 
Ingredient benefits:-
- Papaya
This is a great conditioner as it contains enzymes to nourish hair from the roots
- Alma
"superfood" of hair products. Full of vitamins, minerals, amino acids which as great for the scalp and hair growth
- Also contains coconut oil

This product is aimed at repairing damaged hair from root to ends and claims to mend up to 50% of split ends. 

Nourishing Hair food Banana & Shea 

The Banana & Shea hair food, is a nourishing product, which is aimed at dry hair.  

The banana has been my favourite out the ones i have used. I feel like banana is one scent that isn't in hair products often, and it is one of my favourite smells. 

4x less breakage 
Ingredient benefits:-
- Banana 
This ingredient can help improve manageability and shine, prevent and control dandruff and moisturise the scalp. 

-Shea
We all love this ingredient right! This repairs damaged hair and prevents hair loss. It can soothe an itchy scalp and mend split ends. 



 Smoothing Hair food Coconut and macadamia 

Lastly we have the smoothing coconut and macadamia hair food. This one is aimed at frizzy and unruly hair. 

4x Softer!
Ingredient benefits:-

-Coconut
By far my favourite ingredient in a hair product. Coconut is perfect for scalp health and dandruff as well as adding shine to hair and helping with breakage. 

- Macadamia 
This is full of fatty acids which help with shine and strength of your hair, while nourishing to help calm frizz and fight tangles and dullness.

I love all 3 of these hair foods. 

The texture is perfect. It isn't too thick, while at the same time not being too runny. I was a little worried at first because they are in tubs, rather than bottles. To me this made me wonder how it would be used in all 3 ways. I am very used to my deep conditioners being in tubs, maybe even the odd leave in, but conditioners i'm used to a bottle. 

Every single one of these smell incredible. I would say that the banana however is my favourite. It isn't too over powering and the smell lingers all day. I had so many compliments when using these. 

As mentioned they can be used as a normal conditioner, a leave-in or a hair mask. Personally for me, and i have tried all 3 ways, i prefer them as a leave-in. 

I found with each of them that i got longer out of my wash days. Perhaps this is because it is multi use and i get the benefits of it as a mask when using it as a leave-in, i'm not sure. I do know that when was day does come around, my hair is 10x more manageable when i have been styling with one of the hair foods. I have less breakage, less tangles and my hair is so soft. 

As a hair mask, i did like them, but i feel that you get better benefits when using it as a leave in instead. 

I am on maybe my 3rd Banana and 2nd Papaya at the moment. Papaya is a very very close second. Again the smell is incredible! 

These products are so easy to find as they are available in Boots, Superdrug, Tesco and Asda, and range from £4-7 (depending on where you go, at the moment Asda is the cheapest) but i always find that they are put on offer. I got 2 for £7 in Tesco recently and right now in Superdrug, they are on offer for £3.49!

A little goes a very long way with these products, so i do find they last me a long time. I don't need to reapply often meaning wash days last longer when using them. 

There are another 2 in the collection but i haven't tried these yet.

- Moisturising Aloe Vera for normal to dry hair
- Goji and Soy for coloured hair 

Have you tried these products yet?

Remember to follow me on Instagram so you don't miss anything!

@Candi_curls

0 Comments