We all know how much i LOVE Curlsmith, and they have been growing and growing over the years. Now as well as the moisture line which is a favourite of mine, they have been developing a range designed for your scalp. I have been stalking their socials waiting for these to all drop in the UK and i finally have (almost) the full set and am ready to share with you my review and results using them. 

The scalp range has products to give you the full wash day treatment: a pre-poo, shampoo, conditioner, mask and styling products. 

Dextox :_Microbiome Scalp System

On the Curlsmith website, you will also find bundles, and this detox kit was one of them. It contained 3 products inside. 

Super Slip Pre-Biotic Primer:
I was really excited about this one, as i feel like a pre-poo step in my wash day is something i was definitely missing. This primer is to be used on your hair BEFORE you shampoo, but NOT to be rinsed off before adding the shampoo to your hair. Why? It protects your scalp. 

"Pre-biotics are nutritive compounds that feed the good bacteria on the scalp and fortify the skins microbiome." 

The idea is that you massage this into your scalp and the pre-biotics in the product make their way down your hair. 

I LOVED this, as expected. Not only did it keep my hair feeling soft during the shampooing process, it also made my hair really easy to detangle. Knots just seemed to melt between my fingers. It smells really fresh, with a hint of fruitiness to it. 

I will 100% be buying this again. 

Wash & Scrub Detox Pro-Biotic: 
This is a clarifying shampoo. From past experiences these tend to leave my hair the most stripped, but because of the use of the primer underneath it, this didn't happen. Together these left my hair feeling like i had used a co-wash rather than a clarifying shampoo. 

"Pro-biotics are good bacteria micro-organisms, that strengthen skins natural barrier and control the mircrobiome."

This is the best clarifying shampoo that i have used. My scalp felt super clean and light, but my hair was still soft. I love the idea of detoxing my hair. Again the scent is really fresh. It also contains apple cider vinegar which is great for your hair! 

Again its a huge yes from me on this one, especially paired with the above.

Post-biotic calming conditioner: 
Last in the detox kit is this conditioner. It is meant to calm your scalp after the detoxing wash you have just given it, cooling it down. 

"Post-biotocs are the beneficial extracts produced by the good bacteria they are the key to regulating the skins microbiome." 

Without even looking at the ingredients, i knew this would have peppermint oil (or something similar) as that is the perfect ingredient to cool down your scalp. I was right. It smells incredible, and the first one to differ in scent. I really enjoyed my wash day with this. My curls loved it. 

I will be restocking on this one for sure! 

Over all thoughts on this detox kit? It exceeded my expectations. I love the Co-wash in the moisture range, and so i already had high hopes for this, but i didn't think i would love it this much. 

Hyrdo Creme Soothing Mask: 
In between using the shampoo and the conditioner, i added this brand new hair mask into the mix. I love that you can get this product in a smaller 2oz/64g tub to give it a try before committing to a full sized one! It is so cute! 

This mask contains Hyaluronic acid. This is THE ingredient of the moment, i am seeing it everywhere right now and people raving about it. This acid is a 'moisturising miracle' to restore the scalp, moisture and re-hydrate dry and tired hair. 

I honestly didn't need to use a lot of this and it was hydrating instantly. It has the same fresh scent that the whole brand carries through their products. My hair was very easy to comb through, and when rinsed off my curls felt the softest they had in such a long time. 

This wash day brought so much life back into my hair. I will be getting a full sized of this as soon as it runs out! 

Weightless AirDry Cream: 
The first of the two styling products in this range, and the reason i stalked the instagram for the uk launch. I saw soooo many amazing results from people using this product, i really wanted it. It is designed to be perfect for airdrying, which is my go-to method. 

This leave in conditioner again has that fresh scent which a hint of fruit like the primer, and this comes from the dragon fruit in it. It also has hyaluronic acid like the wash day products, so it is really hydrating. 

I did like this product, it gave me great curls, which lasted days. The only negative i have about this, is that i feel like i had to use quite a lot of it. To me this just means that it won't last me as long as some of the other leave in conditioners i have, and so probably isn't as hydrating as i first thought. 

Hydro Style Flexi Jelly: 
This is the second new gel from Curlsmith and this one is a medium hold and lightweight one. Again with hyaluronic acid, it is hydrating especially for a gel. 

This gel, i LOVED. I really did not need to use a lot of this one for my curls to bounce up happy. I paired it with the air dry cream, but i have also used it with other products, to test out its results and alone. 

It gave the right amount of hold for a wash and go, it didn't leave any cast or crunch that i needed to work out. The curls stayed in place for 3 days, before needing a little more water, and it was really easy to refresh using this gel. 

Again the same fresh scent is present. 

Over all, i LOVE the scalp range and was not let down by its results. I would highly recommend the Detox kit to anyone! It contains the 3 wash day products, and is at a cheaper price than to do it separate. 

Make sure you check out Curlsmith online in the UK or at Ulta if you live in the states. 




Please note: Both the Hydro Style Flexi Jelly and the Weightless air dry creme were kindly gifted to me, to review. 

0 Comments