The natural hair journey is not an easy one, and it is not a cheap one either. Our hair products can range anywhere between £3-£25 for just one product! While, yes it is worth paying that extra sometimes, it is also a panic when funds are running low and you need something that will work. 

Today i have compiled a list of brands, and the products i love from them, that you can get your hands on for under £10!!!! 

As I am

As I am are one of my top brands, and are super affordable. With a coconut range as well as a range aimed at growth, there is a lot to chose from. For this i have found the best under the £10 budget. These are products i have used my self, and loved!! 

Cleansing Pudding, £8.99
Not usually a fan of shampoo, i did find this one to actually leave me happy on wash day. It doesn't strip the hair and smells amazing. 

Long & Luxe GroYogurt, £9.99
From the growth range, this conditioner leaves hair so soft and easy to manage. It has become one of my staples in the bathroom now. 

Coconut Leave-In, £8.99
My absolute holy grail! Amazing that this leave in is in this budget. It smells great, is super hydrating, and i always have the best hair days when using this. You can read my full review on this here.  

                                           Revlon Realistic

I came across this brand in one of my Treasure Tress boxes a few years back and i fell in love with it instantly. I always top up these products when i see them. These products are enriched with black seed oil and smell good enough to eat!

Strengthening Shampoo, £6.99
Another shampoo which didn't leave my hair feeling dry. This comes in a big bottle with a pump rather than a squeeze, so product doesn't get wasted and it lasts longer. 

Strengthening Conditioner, £6.99
This leaves curls so hydrated and easy to manage! 

Butter Creme, £6.99
This thick and creamy leave-in conditioner smells amazing! This smell stays in your hair for ages as well. Leaves hair frizz free and hydrated.

Check out the full review of these products here

Garnier

3-in-1 Hair food, £7
Garnier made the list here, because if you follow me on Instagram, you will know how obsessed with their hair foods i am. At just £7, these hair foods are an absolute bargain. Able to be used as a leave in, a rinse out conditioner, or a hair mask, there's so much you can do with them. In different scents such as Banana, Papaya, Coconut and Aloe Vera they are so collectable! 

Read my full review of them by clicking here.

Aunt Jackies

Another favourite product from the very start of my hair journey, is Aunt Jackies. 

Ice Curls Gel, £6.99
This gel worked so well even with out any other products underneath it! Non flaky, non sticky, and amazing definition. 

Don't Shrink Elongating flax seed gel, £5.49
A favourite as long as i can remember! Again no flakes, non sticky and works well alone. I also found it mixed well with most other products i tried to pair it with. 

Quench leave-in conditioner, £5.89
Once again, i am so surprised that this product is so affordable. It works the same, if not better, than some of the leave-in conditioners i have paid more for. 

Curl la la curling custard, £5.99
This is one of my fave curling products. It always hydrates my curls perfectly and i can get 7-10 days out of my wash days with this. 

How i got 10 day curls with Aunt Jackies
Dont shrink me review
Quench and Curl la la Review

Eco Styler

For a gel with more hold, or to lay down those edges, i always turn to Eco Styler. A lot of people fell out with this brand a while back and it was "cancelled" for them, however, for me i have never had any issues and will continue to use them. 

Eco Styler gels, £3.49-£5.99
I am seeing them available in more and more mainstream places, making them climb up as a top gel. My favourite is the Argan oil. These gels have strong enough hold to keep baby hairs down, or back, but not too strong that you need water to get it off. 


Umberto Giannini 

Another brand i was introduced to by a hair box. Umberto Giannini is one of those brands that you fall in love with again and again. 

Curling Jelly, £7.25
THIS GEL! I was obsessed with this, and then really excited to get it again. I loved it so much I've done swaps. It gives so much definition and from a small amount of product too. The curls stay without being crunchy. 

Banana Leave in, £9.00
While being on the higher end of the budget, i really liked this banana cream. It smells heavenly, and was really hydrating. The only downside to this is that i found the tub to be quite small. 

Curling Jelly review

Gro Healthy

Once again, i discovered this brand through a hair box. This is the brand that brought us soft'n'free, the only product i used growing up.

Leave-in conditioner, £7.99
Hydrating, lightweight and smells incredible!

Frizz Fighter, £5.99
Great for combating frizz especially in my top back section that always misbehaves! 

Curling Custard, £7.99
A little goes so far with this one. My curls just loved everything about it. 

Full review on these can be found here.

Cantu

I think this is a brand which most naturally curly girls have used at some point. For me i don't particularly like it. I love first day hair with it, but after that it becomes mushy. However, these two products, i would use again and recommend.

Cantu Deep Treatment Masque, £7.99
I was really impressed with how much my curls enjoyed this mask. They were clumped, soft, and tangle free. 

Cantu Leave-in Conditioning Repair Creme, £6.99
I grabbed this one day in a desperate shop to get something for my hair, and i actually ended up loving it. Again my curls were so happy and thankful for the moisture. I also had less breakage. 

Africa's Best

Originals hair mayonnaise, £7.99
I love this hair mask! My hair is always left with the most hydrated easy to manage curls. It's very thick and very moisturising. Curls are always left soft to touch. 

Pantene

Pantene gold series treatment mask, £7.99
I have repurchased this so many times! My knots and tangles melt away so easy with this. It worked amazing on my sun damaged hair after a holiday abroad.

Palmers

Who doesn't love this brand! 

Palmer's coconut oil shampoo, £4.19 (conditioner same price)
What a combo! My boyfriend actually stole what was left of mine, so it'll be a repurchase very soon. Amazing wash day results and both of them together are still way under budget! 

Palmer's coconut oil protein pack, £2.09
Perfect size of protein treatment for your hair. One pack is enough to do all of my hair. If your hair needs some protein love, this is what you need! 

Boots

This one may come as a surprise.

Boots curl creme, £1.99
Yep, that's right, £1.99. This is an under rated hidden gem of curling cremes! Check out my full review of this right here!


Twisted Sista

I can not get enough of this brand. So affordable and so amazing.

Leave in conditioner, £5.89
An absolute holy grail! From the smell, the results, and how long it lasts, there are no faults with this leave-in conditioner at all! It is perfect and such a bargin! Another product which works better than some of the more expensive i have tried. 

Dream Curls Gel, £5.89
No flakes, Non sticky, perfect hold. Again a holy grail of products for me. I always reach for this gel. It works well with other products too. It's runny and possibly one of the most hydrating gels. 

Creme Gel, £5.89
Another bargain product! This is, as it says, a creme gel. That's a two in one! It gave amazing results as a one and done product.


All of these products on this budget list, i have used myself, and are ones i would recommend. As i have mentioned, there are some other products by the brands, which i didn't find worked for me, and so did not make the list. A lot of Cantu for example, you will find for under £10. The best part is that now almost all of them are available at high street stores such as Boots and Superdrug, and not at dearer prices like some hair shops! 

Where to buy:
SuperDrug stores UK: AsIam, Creme of Nature, Palmers, Twisted Sista, Pantene and Aunt Jackies (although this one is more expensive here)

Boots: Boots curl creme, Cantu, Palmers, Pantene, Twisted Sista and Umberto  Giannini

Naturalistic Products for almost all of the above

Any of the other products can be purchased by clicking the brand name above, directly from their website. 

I hope that this has been some help to you, especially those starting their journey and not wanting to break the bank experimenting. 

0 Comments