The team at Treasure Tress have done it again! A brand new product launch, and we get to be amongst the first to try it out! 

This months takeover box is by Imbue. This 100% vegan range of products are designed for hair type 3A-4C and are free from sulphates, parabens and oil based silicones making them curly girl friendly. 

So what was in the box?

- Curl Empowering Creme Gel
- Curl Inspiring Conditioning Leave in spray
- Curl Liberating Sulphate free shampoo
- Curl Energising hydration Serum
- Curl Restoring intensive mask

Those amazing words, Empowering, Inspiring, Liberating, Energising, Restoring. wheww. I couldn't wait to have a go using these. 

This months review is a first impressions one. As i recently had my hair coloured again, i know that it can take it time to feel its normal self sometimes, and so some new products i try, don't always have the best effect. For this review i only used the styling products, not the shampoo and hair mask, and so i will review these separate. 

The first thing i did, as we all do, was to smell these products. They are made with Coconut oil:, cupacu Butter, Olive Oil, Shea Butter and Avocado oil. These are a perfect cocktail of ingredients to help scalp be healthy and hair be conditioned and moisturised. 

Curl Inspiring Leave in conditioning spray
Normally, i am not a fan of leave-in sprays. I use them more as a refresher rather than a first product like a cream leave in. 

I first used this one that way and as you can see from my reaction, i loved the smell of it! It smells so fresh. I did find it however, to leave my hands quite sticky which was a downside this time around. This didn't transfer into my hair, my hair was non sticky and hydrated well. 

The second time i used this leave in, i used it as i would a cream one. I applied it onto wet hair and this time i didn't find it to be sticky. It worked really well to moisturise my hair and keep hydration in. This felt a little heavier than some of the other brand leave-in sprays, and i think this worked better on my hair. 

As a refresher or on wet hair, this product has fast become a favourite. After the styling process, it is day 4 and i haven't touched my hair. 

I did spray this onto an Afro comb to pick my roots, and this added a little more hydration and minimised frizz during this process. 

Would i repurchase this leave in? 100% i love this product! 

Curl Empowering Creme gel
I love creme gels! They are more hydrating than regular gels, and still have the same hold. I find that especially in my top crown section, products like this work better. Also, it means less products in the styling process as this is basically 2-in-1. 

The texture of this was a little jelly-ish, but it was thick enough that i didn't need to use a lot. I used this on wet hair, and applied with the praying hands method, smoothing into my hair. 

The result was perfect definition and bounce! I can imagine this working wonders on it's own as a one and done. It didn't leave my hair with a cast, or feeling sticky. I had the softest defined curls, and this is after my hair has been bleached! 

I also used this product to spot check. This is where in the morning instead of a full refresh, i take a little of the product and just apply where there is more frizz. This method of styling makes my hair maintain its volume, and this product worked well with this as it was so light. 

Would i repurchase? Again its a 100% yes from me. I am seriously in love with this on the first impression. 

Curl Energising Hydration Serum 
This product surprised me. I was expecting an oil based thick serum, but that is not how it came out. It is more lightweight and has a colour to it. Almost like a face cream or foundation. 

I added this to my hair once it was dry, and scrunched it into the ends. Yet another non sticky product, this added extra moisture to my hair. 

I used this on day 3 hair during my morning fluff out routine and again my curls bounced! 

Would i repurchase this? Again its a winner for me. 

I will be reviewing the shampoo and hair mask once i have used them, but so far this is a winning brand for me. 

Every single product i have used has given me amazing affects and so much hydration. It usually takes me a while to love my hair after bleaching but these products have hydrated so well, i am feeling myself! 

Make sure to check the brand out on Instagram and head over to the website where you can get your hands on the products. 

Instagram: @Imbuecurls
Buy the products: click here


Are you part of the Treasure Tress Tribe?
Treasure Tress is a monthly subscription box, bringing you 5 full sized products to your door every month! 

The products are always from brands we know and sometimes, ones we don't. It's the perfect way to discover new things and doesn't break the bank!

Treasure Tress costs just £20 a month* and each box retail price is way over. Have a look in the Treasure Tress tab to see previous boxes. 

As a special present to you, if you sign up using the code CANDI10 you can get 10% off your first box! 

Sign up: click here
Follow online: @treasuretress

Please remember to also subscribe to my blog and newsletter to never miss a post and follow my own Instagram @candi_curls stay tuned for my review of the other products! 


0 Comments