After being inactive for a whole year, i thought it only right that i let you in on the products that i have been loving at the moment. 

Regular followers know how much of a product junkie i am, and how much i like to switch up what i use. These are the one's which have been my go-to for that bomb curl day! 

I have broken it down into categories for you. 


Deep Conditioners: 

Regular deep conditioning is curly girl rule 101. 

I deep condition my hair religiously once a week, always after shampooing, and for me Shea Moisture are winning the game! Shea Moisture is a brand which i have been there for me from the very start of my journey, and will be with me all the time. 

There are so many masques and deep conditioners to chose from, but these are just a few of my favorites at the moment. 

Raw Shea Butter Deep Treatment Masque
This is my most used out of the lot. I find it is so hydrating to my hair, especially when the cold weather has gotten to it and dried it out. It contains shea butter, castor oil, olive oil and other natural ingredients which your hair just loves! 

Fruit Fusion Coconut water weightless hair masque
I love the smell of this one. It was recommended to me a few times by other curlies on instagram, as one of their top masques, and so i was excited to get it in my treasure tress box. I wasn't disappointed. It is very light, where some of the others are quite thick, and i liked the texture of it. With fruits such as dragon fruit, apple, lychee berry, and green apple, it is by far the best smelling masque i have used. 

Superfruit complex 10 in-1 multi-benefit hair masque
This is another which is packed with amazing ingredients and smells great. When my hair has been freshly coloured, i reach for this one because it has the most benefits and is safe to use on coloured hair. This one is colour protecting and anti-toxant, as well as good for dryness, strength, ageing and more.  

Jamaican Black Castor Oil Strengthen and restore treatment masque
This one has been the range that i have always used and so it will always be in my list as top hair masque. My hair just loves Jamaican black castor oil and it is good for strength and growth. 

Other deep conditoners which i have used up but absolutely loved and deserve a mention here would be the Mixed Chicks and Curls Blueberry Bliss

Hair Gels

Every curly has there own routine of applying products that works for them. Some like to use mousse, some just cream or oil, but i can't go without my gel. I have so many which i love, but these are the ones i have been loving lately. I will also mention the ones i have used up and didn't get a picture of. 


Aunt Jackies Ice Curls
I am a huge fan of Aunt Jackies and this ice curls gel did not disappoint. When i ran out of my favourite Dont Shrink, i was gutted, but then this arrived on my doorstep. Non flakey and gives amazing hold. I used this alone sometimes, because it is hydrating enough to not need other products. 

Twisted Sista Dream Curl Gel
I think this is my second or third tub of this gel because i just can not get enough of it. It smells like sweets which is the same scent throughout all of the Twisted Sista brand. Again i had zero flakes with this gel and it gives a hold which is not too strong, but just right to hold those curls for the whole day. 

Mielle Organics Honey and Ginger Styling Gel
I wasn't 100% sure on this one when i first had it, and so it took a while for me to incorporate it into my routine. The reason for this is that i don't like the smell of ginger. However, from the first try of it, i was hooked! This gel is amazing. It is my favourite product that i have used from Mielle

Camille Rose Curl Maker
I had my eye on this one for so long and i was not disappointed when i finally got my hands on it. This gel works like magic. My hair was not left sticky or crunchy, and was another gel which worked really well alone, but mixes with other products great which means i can use it more often. It really does make curls beautiful. 

Other favourite gels which i am all out of and so did not get pictures of include the Activilong hydra curl activator gel and Aunt Jackies Dont shrink me


Leave in Conditioners

Possibly THE most must have product in a curly girl routine would be a leave in conditioner. My list goes on forever on favourites of these, but here is what i have been using lately, and loving. 

Garnier Hair Food
I am absolutley obsessed with these hair foods by Garnier! They smell amazing and these and 3-in-1, so they can be used as a leave-in, a conditioner, or as a mask. I have tried them in all 3 ways but as a leave-in is by far my favourite way. These hair foods are so hydrating and when i use them i don't need to reapply product for another 3 days or more. My favourite is the banana with papaya coming a close second. 

As i am coconut leave-in conditioner
Another i am on maybe my third bottle of. Coconut is one of my favourite scents and As i am did not disappoint. One of the most moisturising leave in conditioners i have used, and a little goes a very long way meaning you don't need to use a lot of product to still have the most amazing results. 

Camille Rose Coconut leave-in treatment 
A product i had in my collection a while before using, as i had never used much from Camille Rose before, and from the first use i loved it. More coconut scents as this one is with coconut water, my curls loved the hydration. I will be trying more from this brand now, and have been reaching for this one often.

Other favourite leave-ins which i am out of now, and will be restocking are Aunt Jackies QuenchTwisted Sista and Mixed Chicks

Edge Control

Not everyone is a fan of baby hairs, but if my hair is up, then the baby hairs must be laid! I just think it looks so cute especially with Buns and space buns. 

Aunt Jackies Slicked flexible styling glue
Another Aunt Jackies product to make the favourites list. This edge glue is the strongest! I have been out in wind and rain, hoods up, fallen asleep and woke up with those edges still in place! I really like that this one doesn't dry out, and leaves them looking shiny still. I also haven't experienced a lot of flaking with this one and it doesn't make my head feel hard. 

Eco Styler gel
Don't come for me, i know we all fell out with Eco Gel and it was "cancelled", but not for me. I have had no issues with this brand and i will continue to use it until i do. I like this on my edges when i don't need them to be so hard for example in gentler weather. It gives a hold which is enough without being too much. A long with this argan oil one i also like the cannabis oil one. 

Other favourties in the past i can't not mention would be the Creme of nature snot gel

Curl refreshers

For those days when we don't have the time or motivation to do much to our hair. For when our curls only need the tiniest amount of help, we have the curl refresh sprays. 


Curlsmith moisture memory reactivator.
Another brand which i have loved for years is Curlsmith. This reactivator is very creamy and gives those curls that bounce back from wash day. It smells very fresh, so your hair not only looks freshly washed, but smells it too. 

Twisted Sista 30 second curl spray
Twisted Sista is back on the list again with this refresher spray. I just love the smell of these products and it works really well. This one is less creamy than the curlsmith one, and instead is very light. You don't need to use a lot of it either, which is always a plus. 


Co-washes

You will notice one thing that is not on my list, is any shampoos. This is because i don't have any favourites. I don't use shampoo on my hair often enough to have any particular go-tos. For me shampoo leaves my hair feeling dry and so on wash day i am more likely to grab a co-wash. These wash my hair without stripping the natural oils and is my prefered method of washing my hair. 

Curlsmith curl quenching conditioning wash
This has been my go-to for years! Just look at the size of this bottle. It lasts so long! Curlsmith has one of the freshest scents which stays in your hair for days. I find this co-wash leaves my hair very easy to manage and feeling very clean. 

As i am coconut co wash
Another product i loved from the first use was this As i am coconut co wash. I just can't get enough of the smell of this brand. It leaves hair clean, soft, easy to manage and smelling amazing. I think this is a favourite of so many curlies. 

These are the products that are my go-to over the past few months. I hope that this has been a help to you. 

Remember that not everyone's hair is the same and we all react to products differently so some times something may work better for others. Don't feel discouraged if something i have mentioned, does not give you the desired results. 

What are your fave products right now? Send me a DM, Email or Comment below! 

Love and kisses

Candi 



0 Comments