Inspired by the Instagram story post by @itstayloranne__i decided to give you all a run down of my shelves and which products i love and hate. 

Full reviews of products can of course be found by searching my blog. 

I always struggle on how to organise my products. If i go by brand i mix up the things i like and things i don't. Instead i have top shelf of things i use the most and can't be without, Middle shelf for things i may use again, bottom shelf which has conditioners, co-washes, treatments and shampoos. I only have a few things i don't like after giving other things away. 


Top shelf; my must haves!

Righteous Roots Hair RX;

  • Can be used as a pre-poo, detangler, deep conditioner and more
  • Blend of essential oils
  • My fave for scalp massages.
  • Promotes growth, adds shine, adds volume. 
  • Best detangler ever
I like to mix this into a spray bottle for refreshing too. 





Lovella hair oil 

  • Pre-poo detangler
  • Scalp massage
  • Promotes growth
  • Adds shine and volume
  • 12 essential oils 
  • Leaves scalp tingling 
Another one which is amazing added to spray bottle and DIY mixtures.





Only Curls London Curl Creme and gel.

  • Lightweight 
  • Non greasy 
  • Non sticky 
  • A little goes a long way 
  • Non Flaky
  • Adds shine and definition
  • Perfect amount of hold without too much of a crunch.




Curlsmith oil-in-cream and curl defining souffle

Oil in cream: 
  • Primer for hair (leave-in)
  • Hydrating and moisturising 
  • Non greasy 
  • Can be used on wet or dry hair 
Curl defining souffle

  • Almost like a gel
  • Gives hold without crunch
  • Leaves hair shiny and defined 
  • My holy grail
  • Non Sticky
www.curlsmith.com   save money on orders below. 

Shea Moisture  JBCO Leave-in Conditioner and Styling Lotion. 

Styling lotion;

  • Hydrating
  • Non greasy
  • Leaves hair shiny 
Leave-in conditioner;

  • Hydrating
  • Leaves curls soft and shiny with great definition


LUS Brands Curl All-in-one 


  • All-in-one product
  • Activated by water
  • Great as a leave-in, cream or gel 
  • Creates soft defined curls 
  • Non greasy, flaky or sticky
  • No overwhelming smell 
This product is also available for waves and kinks/coils. It works great added to a spray bottle with water too. 


Bounce Curl Light Creme gel 

  • Adds shine 
  • Really light hold
  • Refreshing smell
  • No flakes
  • No crispy/crunchy curls 
  • Creamy texture 







Creme of Nature Coconut Milk Moisture Curl Hair milk 

  • Smells amazing 
  • Moisturises hair well 
  • Non sticky 
  • Mixes well with other products 
Downside:
  • It is quite thick
  • Comes in a pump bottle 


Camille Rose Naturals Hair smoother



  • Keeps curls frizz free 
  • Adds hydration to next day hair 
  • Is lightweight 
  • Great for refreshing hair 







Curls Blueberry Bliss Curl Control Jelly 

  • Non Crunchy
  • Smells amazing 
  • Gives curls bounce 
  • Gives curls hold
  • Creates soft curls 
  • Great definition and shine 








ORS Curls Unleashed Curl Amplifying Gel Souffle

  • Non flaky
  • Non Crunchy
  • Gives hold and shine 
  • Smells great
  • Light weight 
  • Creates soft curls 





Revlon Realistic Curl Revive

  • Smells good enough to eat
  • Adds moisture to dry hair 
  • Brings curls back to life 
  • Lightweight 









KTC Pure Almond Oil 

  • Adds shine
  • Seals in Moisture
  • Super affordable 
My fave sealant! 











Mielle Organics Thermal & Heat protectant spray 

If i am diffusing my hair, i am using this! 

  • Stops frizz from hair dryer
  • Stops frizz from straightening 








Flora & Curl Hair mist 

  • Lightweight
  • Adds volume 
  • Adds Moisture
  • Brings curls back to life 
  • Floral smell which isn't overpowering 
Use my code at the end for discount on my fave refresh spray! 






Middle Shelf products; 



Revlon  Realistic Butter Creme 

  • Smells great
  • Moisturising 
  • Non Greasy 
  • Non sticky 










Mixed Chicks Hair Daily  Hair Dress and Morning After Foam


Not my faves from the brand but i wouldn't throw them away either. Didn't really do much for my hair. The Morning After foam was a little sticky and the daily hair dress did nothing for my hair compared to the other products from mixedchicks. 







Cantu Leave-in Conditioning Cream

Cantu Moisturising Curl Activator

Cantu Comeback curl 

I have a love-hate relationship with Cantu but i always come back to these 3 products. They are moisturising and hydrating i just find that you only get up to day 3 before your hair is weighed down and becomes sticky. 

Will always recommend this brand however, because it does create the most amazing curls those first few days. 




Deva Curl B'Leave-in 

I think the reason this is on my middle shelf and not in the bin is because it was F-in expensive to get my hands on in the UK.  

Is it worth the money and the hype? No. 

It leaves your hair looking amazing on day 1 but by the next day the frizz takes over, the definition is lost and you feel you've wasted your money. 

Full review on this and the supercream coming soon. 



Palmers Coconut Oil Hair Milk Smoothie 

  • Smells great
  • Hydrates hair 
  • Keeps hair soft 












Edge Control Gels 

Twisted Sista: Smells like sweets but didn't hold my edges down long at all. 

MixedChicks; Again didn't last at all. This is a waxy gel. 

SheaMoisture; Watery texture, didn't hold my edges down




Mini Oils 

These all work wonders mixed in with a spray bottle and water, in a DIY hair mask, or alone as a scalp massage oil. 

  • Growth
  • Shine
  • Condition





Revlon Realistic Twisiting Pudding

I keep this for the smell, i hardly ever twist my hair. When i have used it for twists and braids though it has kept flyaways in and kept my hair feeling super soft. 






Bottom Shelf life; Products i do not reach for ever! (BIN)


Cantu Split Ends Mender
Cantu Coil Calm Detangler 
Cantu Coconut Oil Shine and Hold mist 

Do absolutely nothing for my hair. Email me if you want them! 













Andre Walker Hair TKO Ultimate Moisture Hair Conditioner

I don't even know what to tell you .... i hated it. 

Hair felt dry, hard and just awful. 













Palmers Co-washes 


I mean if i had to pick one i would say the Coconut oil, but i rarely reach for these. Hair just didn't have the same life it gets from my mixed chicks one. 











Cantu 

ANY














OF



THESE SHAMPOOS 



STRIPPED MY HAIR BAD!


OGX Coconut Milk Conditioner

It wasn't bad but i wouldn't buy it again. Just doesn't compare to my faves. 















Mielle Organics Pre-Shampoo Treatment 

It smells so good but ... it doesn't do anything at all ... 












Wash day must haves!!!

 Revlon Realistic Shampoo and Conditioner 


  • Great slip 
  • Great smell 
  • Leaves curls feeling super soft 
  • Even the shampoo has slip and moisture! 
The only thing i don't like about these is the pump bottle.








Mixed Chicks Co-wash 

I love everything about this product. Makes hair so easy to manage and is great for those mid week co-wash days. 

My go-to! 









 ORS Black Olive Oil Shampoo and Conditioner

So much slip, so much moisture, So cheap and affordable! 

















LUS Brands Curl Shampoo and Conditioner 

If you follow me on instagram and youtube you'll see i use this in most of my wash and gos. My no product curls are just amazing after using this. The moisture it leaves my hair with is crazy!

Hands down my fave shampoo and conditioner! 








OGX Lemon Highlights Conditioner 

My holiday conditioner. It brings out my blonde in the sun and doesn't dry my hair out. It works great at removing chlorine build up in your hair too.












Shea Moisute JBCO Strengthen and restore treatment masque

An all time fave throughout this whole journey. Leaves hair feeling soft, hydrated and my hair has grown alot since using this masque. Repairs damage from hair drying out in the weather etc.






 Sunny Isle Jamaican Black Castor Oil Intensive Repair Masque

Hair was left feeling instantly healthier. 






www.sunnyisle.com










Red RawKyn Clay 

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT!!! 

Hair always feels super soft and shiny after using this. 


www.rawkyn.com





My collection is currently missing a few items which i need to get my hands on again soon and i have soooo many new reviews coming soon. Some of the brands which will be on my blog soon and sorted into my shelf include; 


  • Mix-d Hair 
  • Creme of Nature Honey range (Leave-in detangler, Conditioner and Hair Mask) 
  • Eco Styler Castor Oil + Shea Butter + Olive oil +  Flaxseed Gel
  • Aprils TreasureTress box which includes Shampoo and Conditioner from the Palmers Cocoa Butter formula Range. 
  • CurleeBox; My first box thoughts and reviews 
  • OnlyCurls London Styling Gel 
  • And so much more! 

If you live in the UK then almost all of these products can be purchased at www.naturalisticproducts.co.uk although most of the brand websites do not charge a fortune in shipping anyway. 

Save money using my codes below:

www.floracurl.com - CANDI 


Do we share any fave products? 












0 Comments