With the world the way it is right now, i think it is supper important that we support our black owned businesses. 

There are so many lists going around on Instagram with some amazing brands on them. My list is smaller, but it is a list of the brands which i personally love, buy from regularly and have used myself. 

Alines Handmade - Headwraps and Scarfs - @Alines_handmade

This brand is a UK based black owned brand. Beautifully crafted scarves and head wraps can be brought here. 

Click this link to see how i style mine. 

Head to the Instagram linked for buying information.


Boucleme - @Boucleme

So many of my curl friends have this brand in their holy grail of products to try. My personal favourite is the gel. 

See my review here:
Boucleme Review

Shop here: https://www.boucleme.co.uk

Camille Rose naturals - @CamilleRoseNaturals

I am still fairly new to this brand and have had both good and bad reviews on products, but the Curl Maker ... you NEED in your life! Another product i can not get enough of is the Coconut water leave in treatment, which is quickly becoming a top leave in for me. I love that this brand is now becoming available in high street stores such as boots now too making it easy to get hold of. 

Shop in your local boots, see below, or head to https://www.camillerose.com/

Curl Mix - @CurlMix

One of the best flax seed gels i have used. This brand kept my curls in tact in the heat abroad. I used the Lavender range. They have a quiz on the website where you can find which range is better suited to you.

Shop here: https://www.curlmix.com/ and use code CandiCurls for 20% off the store. 


Curls - @Curls

A brand we are almost all familiar with by now. There are so many products by them that i love so i will link some of my reviews on favourites below.

Blueberry Bliss Jelly and Hair mask review
B n Control Gel Review

Shop here https://curls.biz/ or see below



Design Essentials - @DesignEssentialsUK

I recently fell back in love with some of the oils from this brand that i have on my shelf. In particular the Scalp and Skin care range. I use these whenever i have my hair in protective styles as they make my scalp feel so good. My favourite is the Anti-Itch and tension relief. I also recommend the Almond and Avocado setting lotion it smells incredible and the Coconut and Monoi curl refresher.


Check out my reviews:

Flora Curl - @FloraCurl

This brand works with plant based ingredients to bring you a botanical experience. I recommend the Jasmine Oasis Hair Mist it smells like spring and is perfect for refreshing curls in a hurry. 

Shop here https://floracurl.co.uk or see below 

Check out my reviews:


Jim + Henry - @_jimandhenry_ 

Jim + Henry is another brand i am still exploring, but from the moment this Eight leave in touched my curls, i was instantly in love! I can't wait to explore them more. 

See my review here:

Shop here:



Mielle Organics - @mielleorganics_uk

There are products i loved from this brand, and products i didn't. Ones that stand out for me and have been repurchased and reused are Brazilian Cocktail Mousse (one of the ONLY mousses i have EVER liked) Mint Almond oil and Honey and ginger styling gel (a big fave!)

Check out my review below:

Shop here https://mielleorganics.com/ or see below

Mixed Chicks - @mixedchickshair

I found this brand after winning the collection in a giveaway, and they have been repurchased so many times. My favourites are the Leave in conditioner, Curl Sculptor as well as the Styling gel and Deep conditioner.


See my reviews here:

O so Curly - @osocurly

If you follow me on instagram, you know i am obsessed with this brand. From satin pillowcases, scrunchies, bonnets, to cups and t-shirts and more. This is one brand i can not live without! 

My review can be found here

Watch me create 8 quick and easy hairstyles with my scrunchies here

Shop here https://www.osocurly.com/ and use code CANDI for 15% off on the store.


The Happy Hair Co - @thehappyhairco

Previously The happy hair box, this is another shop for your satin needs. Scrunchies, bonnets, and more. I highly recommend the bamboo hair towel it is MUST for drying your curls, without drying them out. I won't use another towel since coming across this. 

See my demonstration and reviews


Twisted Sista - @twisted_sista_uk

I used this brand yeaaaars before my journey, and then forgot about them. Rediscovered them and i won't be forgetting about them again any time soon. Where i didn't like the Clear and Nourish range, the original range are favourites. I recommend the 30 Second Curl spray its my go to for refreshing also the Leave in conditioner.

See my review and demo using the Edge Gel

Look for them in your local superdrug, or shop here https://www.twistedsistauk.com/products

Online stores
You're probably wondering why i say "see below" on where to shop:

Naturalistic Products - @naturalisticproducts

This is my go-to online store for all my curly hair needs. With a wide variety of brands available, it's so easy to find what you need. I have used this website for years.

Almost everything on this list is available at this store. They are based in the UK but have global brands on here that you won't find in your local hair shop (priced better also). 


Hair subsciption boxes

The best way to find brands and products you like, is by signing up to a hair subscription service. These bring you monthly boxes of products to your doorstep, cost around £20 a month, and are highly recommended.


Treasure Tress- @treasuretress

Where would i be without this company. Keeping my product junkie needs fulfilled every month, without making my bank cry. I love this box! More than just a box they also run events where you can network and meet other natural haired friends and get tips and advice on how to take care of your hair.

Check out some previous boxes here and a video of me using Aprils Box to refresh

Sign up by heading over to www.treasuretress.co.uk and use the code CANDI10 to save 10% off your first box. This subscription can be paused or cancelled at any time (not that you would want to.)

Curlee Box - @curleebox

Yet another subscription box which brings amazing products to your doorstep. I have discovered some great brands through this box, and i keep my eye on the page to see whats new. 

Check out some previous boxes here

Sign up by heading to www.curleebox.co.uk and you can use the code CANDI  here for 10% off your first box here too! 

Where there are so many black owned hair brands out there, i have kept my list to only including brands that i have used and liked before. Comment below any others that you like.


Please follow these brands on the linked Instagram pages and also myself @candi_curls and let's keep supporting black owned businesses!

Can you please take the time to head over to https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ where you can find links to petitions to sign and places to donate. 

I hope this helps, 

Candi x

0 Comments